For Families and Visitors
Please find our printable screening form.
ESCNJ Adult Community Services Program
The ESCNJ Adult Community Services is a program that offers individuals 21 and over an opportunity to strive for independence by helping to develop their social, emotional, and life skills. To explore individuals' interests, the program offers opportunities to participate in community inclusion and pre-vocational learning experiences. Hands- on experience that can be transferred to real-world opportunities is a cornerstone of the program to bridge the gap between school and adulthood. The program is based in the former NuView Academy Annex on the Piscataway Campus.
Support, Services and Resources
- Transition Timeline
- NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities: https://nj.gov/humanservices/ddd/home/
- Selecting a Support Coordination Agency: https://rwjms.rutgers.edu/boggscenter/products/documents/ChoosingaSupportCoordinationAgency-fillable.pdf
- Selecting a Support Coordination Agency-Spanish: https://rwjms.rutgers.edu/boggscenter/products/documents/ChoosingaSupportCoordinationAgency-SPA-fillable.pdf
- Getting the Community Life You Want: A Guide to Home and Community Based Services Advocacy: https://rwjms.rutgers.edu/boggscenter/products/GettingtheCommunityLifeYouWant.html
- New Jersey Council on Developmental Disabilities: https://njcdd.org/
- Special Needs Care for Adult Children: Your Care Options: Information to help find the right type of special needs caregiver for adult children with special needs. https://www.care.com/c/stories/10265/special-needs-care-for-adult-children-your-care-options/
- Resources for Adults With Disabilities: Lists a range of resources and support groups in New Jersey for adults with special needs.http://rwjms.rutgers.edu/boggscenter/projects/documents/SupportCoordinatorResourceListforAdultswithDisabilities.pdf
- Middlesex ResourceNet: A extensive list of services for families living in Middlesex County.http://www.middlesexresourcenet.org/health-services/developmental-needs/special-needs
- A Guide to Family Caregiver Resources: Lists organizations that can help take care of a loved one with special needs, including educational programs, caregiving tips, support groups and assistance with medical needs and financial obligations. https://www.care.com/c/stories/5765/a-guide-to-family-caregiver-resources/
Virtual Tour of Adult Community Services
Click on the link to get a better idea of what Adult Community Services is all about!