The Educational Risk Insurance Consortium (ERIC North™) is a property and casualty insurance purchasing group for New Jersey public schools.
- Physical Guidelines or Jobs
- Eric North - POPE - FAQ Sheet
- ERIC North - POPE Testing Flowsheet
- Beazley Eclipse Application
- Beazley Eclipse Application 2017
- Top 20 Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Beazley's Elipse Pollution Policy
The Beazley coverage terms and conditions along with enhancements not on the expiring AIG policy form.
The Beazley Policy includes:
- Limits of $1M/$1M with a deductible of $10,000, EXCEPT for Microbial Matter, which has a $100,000 deductible (similar to expiring – see below);
- Coverage for New Pollution Conditions for Cleanup costs, and BI/PD commencing after the Policy Inception Date of 7/1/2016;
- Coverage for Existing Pollution Conditions coverage for Cleanup costs, and BI/PD commencing after the Retroactive Date of 2/18/2015 (same as expiring);
- Coverage for Transportation and Non-Owned Disposal Sites commencing after the Retroactive Date of 2/18/2015 (same as expiring);
- Definition of Pollution Condition includes Microbial Matter (fungi, mold or mildew), legionella pneumophila, medical infectious and pathological waste, low-level radioactive waste, and illicit abandonment (aka “midnight dumping”), as well as other items;
- Primary Insurance Clause (in policy form);
- 100% MEP (same as expiring)
Enhancements over expiring:
- Business Interruption and Extra Expense coverage with 3-day deductible and 0% co-pay (no BI coverage on AIG policy). Coverage includes relocation expenses and cost to equip and operate the temporary locations;
- Additional Insured endorsement – to the extent required by written contract;
- Definition of Transportation includes Off-Site Travel;
- Definition of Covered Location includes Easements and Right of Ways;
- No endorsement excluding ‘Failure to Maintain Abandoned, Sold, or Discarded Properties’
Commission and Fees:
- 8.5% AJG Environmental Team and 8.5% named broker for a total of 17% commission
- The Educational Services Commission of New Jersey Administrative Fee is 3%. The standard commission paid to brokers was reduced by 3% to cover this fee. The Commission will not be billing members for this fee instead we will be passing this fee on to our members as a value added service.
- The minimum premium is $5,000.00 actual premiums will be based on building sizes.
What are the next steps?:
- AJG Princeton clients- we have completed the underwriting process and received the Beazley 7-1-2016/17 Proposals all but one of which are very close to the AIG expiring premium and we are ready to renew for 7-1-2016/17;
- Non-AJG Brokers and/or Co-Op participants not insured with AJG
- The Broker just has to complete the attached application and send it to Mr. Carl Varteresian, Area Vice President at Carl_Varteresian@ajg.com for processing. Upon receipt of an application, the broker would sign and date the quotation and the TRIA acknowledgement form, prior to policy issuance.